Posted: 5:10 pm Friday, May 16th, 2014
By D. Orlando Ledbetter
FLOWERY BRANCH – Here are six quick takes from the first day of Falcons rookie minicamp:
- Falcons first-round pick Jake Matthews won two battles with second-round pick Ra’Shede Hageman in one-on-one pass blocking drills. Both players were impressive.
- Fourth-round pick Prince Shembo lined up at RDE in the nickel package. He looked good coming off the edge as a rusher.
- Former defensive tackle Adam Replogle has been moved over to the offensive line. He played some left guard.
- The defense drilled in the 4-3, 3-4 and 4-2-5.
- Veteran cornerback Jordan Mabin, safety Sean Baker and Replogle, who were all on the practice squad last season, participated in the drills.
- Running back Braden Wilson (Kansas State, tryout), cornerback Devonta Glover-Wright (Campbell High, Utah State, undrafted rookie), and defensive lineman Byron Jerideau (South Carolina, tryout) were injured and watched most of the drills.
Please check back later. We’ll post a video, coach Mike Smith’s comments on the practice and a story on third-round pick Dezmen Southward.
THE ATLANTA FALCONS 2014 DRAFT CLASS
Check back later. We’ll post a video and coach Mike Smith’s comments on the practice.