Posted: 7:54 am Thursday, August 7th, 2014

Georgia Dome issues fan advisory for Falcons game

By D. Orlando Ledbetter

FLOWERY BRANCH – With the construction for the New Atlanta Stadium, the Georgia Dome has issued a fan advisory for Falcons exhibition season opener set for 7 p.m. Friday at the Georgia Dome.

This is the first Falcons game since construction has started and some of the old parking spots and tail-gate venues have changed. Also, the slumping Atlanta Braves have a game at 7:30 p.m. and there is an Expo on the Georgia World Congress Center campus on top of your regularly scheduled Friday rush hour traffic.

The Georgia Dome is recommending that fans take MARTA as the absolute quickest and easiest way to enter the Dome. (We took Marta to the Beyonce and Jay Z On the Run concert!) They note that many of the MARTA stations offer free parking and the train drops off just a few steps from the Dome. More information on riding MARTA to the Georgia Dome can be found here:

Fans driving to the Dome should plan to pre-purchase parking. Advanced parking is very limited, but will guarantee a spot in one of our official parking lots (while supplies last). Event parking can be purchased here.

Fans who already have a parking pass should use the Falcons interactive traffic map to find the quickest route to your lot. CLICK HERE.

Parking lots will open at 2 p.m.  Doors to the Dome will open at 5 p.m. and kickoff is slated for 7 p.m.

Also, don’t forget about the NFL’s Clear Bag policy. Complete info on the NFL bag policy can be found by CLICKING HERE.

Over view of the Georgia Dome and the construction site. (Courtesy of the Georgia Dome)

The  construction area is over a million square feet and is adjacent to the Georgia Dome. The fence line for the new stadium project is only 10 feet, 4 inches from the Dome in some areas.

There are 1,300 fewer parking sports around the Dome. The orange, purple, brown and silver lots are under part of the construction project.

Georgia Dome Drive along portions of Mitchell Street and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive has been closed.

Mangum Street was redesigned.

The ticket office/will call windows have moved to the other side of the building and can now be found between gates B and C. Follow the large balloons.

Atlanta Falcons 2014 schedule, including preseason games

Atlanta Falcons Training Camp: Information for Fans

TRAINING CAMP SCHEDULE

Date                                                      Practice Times (public availability)

Thursday, August 7                         Open practice at 8:50 a.m.

Friday, August 8                                Falcons vs. Miami Dolphins

Georgia Dome

7:00 p.m. ET – CW69

Saturday, August 9                          Practice 4:30 – 5:45 p.m. (open to the public)

Sunday, August 10                           Players’ Day Off (No Media Availability)

Monday, August 11                         Practice 3:30 – 5:50 p.m. (open to the public)

Tuesday, August 12                         Practice 10:00 a.m. – 12:35 p.m. (open to the public)

Wednesday, August 13                 Combined Practice w/ Houston Texans (Houston, TX)

Thursday, August 14                       Combined Practice w/ Houston Texans (Houston, TX)

Friday, August 15                             Pregame Walkthrough (No Media Availability)

Saturday, August 16                        Falcons at Houston Texans

NRG Stadium

8:00 p.m. ET – CW69

Sunday, August 17                           Players’ Day Off (No Media Availability)

Monday, August 18                         Practice 10:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. (closed to the public)

Break Camp

BulldawgRuss
BulldawgRuss

To THEBITTER TRUTH,

Let me tell you a 1st hand story.

I was Falcons season tix holder for years and parked off Northside Dr (by the ghetto). I never experienced any crime or violence.

In fact 1 game I had too much to drink and left my windows down. I had a satellite and HD TV in my truck (back when HD TVs were actually valuable) along with a cooler of beer, food, and canopy tent.

When I got back to my car I found a little 11 year old black boy by my car. He said: " Sir, I saw you left your windows downs so I hung out around your car to be sure no one stole anything."

Sure enough everything was still there in my car. I gave the kid $40 and thanked him for being such a good young man.

I then noticed seeing that young boy in the lot at every game. His uncle worked the lot. He should be over 18 now. I bet he grew into a fine young man.

Bronte
Bronte

why pay obscene prices for tickets, food, beer, parking... to watch these meaningless practice games???  i'll be at home, in front of 70 inch LED TV with tons of beer, pizza and bourbon.  they need to cut prices!

JackClemens
JackClemens

Thanks for all the helpful links. Good job, DOL.

BradleyBreeze
BradleyBreeze

Good...............I will be riding Marta down to the dome with all the other Dolphin fans!

JAS0N
JAS0N

I hear Mt. Vernon church members have VIP dirt parking.

Dasdguy
Dasdguy

MARTA server gets an error. LOL .Why does this not surprise me?

Server Error404 - File or directory not found.The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

gtcaryd
gtcaryd

Auburn folks can take the Gus Bus.

Dasdguy
Dasdguy

thanks for heads up!

Rory_Bellows
Rory_Bellows

Fan advisories are issued before each home game.

zuzu331
zuzu331

@THEBITTERTRUTH You are fueling the fire of the Hate with stupid comments like that. You are reinforcing stereotypes that need to be done away with once and for all.

JackClemens
JackClemens

@THEBITTERTRUTH Yes, you are bitter, but what you write ain't the truth. Good luck in your sure - and well deserved - banishment from this site.

Manman
Manman

@THEBITTERTRUTH

"Safe Areas" hahahahahaha I suggest you look up crime statistics of your precious Cobb Galleria Center

THEBITTERTRUTH
THEBITTERTRUTH

@JackClemens @THEBITTERTRUTH

It is the truth and everyone knows it but few are brave enough to say it. Banishment? You are a fool if you think that you can silence me as the truth ALWAYS comes out.

THEBITTERTRUTH
THEBITTERTRUTH

@Manman @THEBITTERTRUTH

Braves fans would have preferred the stadium be placed at least another 10 miles north to get out of the war torn african nation but we will take the new better location for now.

Dasdguy