The Atlanta Journal-Constitution ‘s D. Orlando Ledbetter and CineSport’s Noah Coslov preview Eagles-Falcons on Monday Night Football by talking about Dan Quinn’s debut, the offensive line and the running game.
FLOWERY BRANCH – The Falcons returned to practice on Tuesday and the first 30 minutes were open to the media.
The are getting ready for the season-opener against the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday Night Football at 7:10 p.m. at the Georgia Dome.
The Falcons did some stretching, special teams work, individual work and some more stretching.
Here’s what we were able to learn:
1. Wide receiver Roddy White was back at practice for the first time after elbow surgery.
2. Left tackle Jake Matthews (back) was back at practice after not playing in the exhibition season finale against Baltimore.
3. Wide receiver Devin Hester (toe injury) did not practice. Hester, linebacker Joplo Bartu and safety Robensen Therezie were working out with the training staff.
4. Also, Mike Person was working at center with the first-team offensive line. Newcomer Andy Levitre was working at left guard. The line consisted of left tackle Matthews, left guard Levitre, center Person, right guard Chris Chester and right tackle Ryan Schraeder.
5. Gino Gradkowski, whom the Falcons claimed off waivers, was not at the open portion of practice.