ARLINGTON, Tex. – Here are five things to mull over before today’s 1 p.m. kickoff between the Falcons (2-0) and the Cowboys (2-0) at AT&T Stadium:
Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones makes a catch near the end zone on a pass from quarterback Matt Ryan as Giants cornerback Prince Amukamara defends during the second half of an NFL football game, Sunday, Sept. 20, 2015, in East Rutherford, N.J. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig)
1. Matt Ryan vs. Sean Lee. Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan is adapt at exploiting mismatches. Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee is a film study maven and will know all of the Falcons moves. He was calling out the Eagles plays before they ran them to his teammates last week when he had 14 tackles, an interception and recovered an onsides kick.
2. Roddy White vs. Morris Claiborne. With Orlando Scandrick out, the Cowboys have had to start Claiborne at cornerback. After being selected with the sixth overall pick in 2012, Claiborne has been a disappointment. White after not catching a pass for the first time in 130 games will be ready to contribute in a major way. Claiborne has played well over the first two games.
3. Dallas’ depleted defensive line. Starting defensive end Jeremy Mincey was ruled out with a concussion on Friday. The Cowboys learned earlier this week that defensive tackle Terrell McClain (sprained big toe) was lost for the season. Rookie defensive end Randy Gregory (ankle) and defensive end Greg Hardy (suspension) are also out.
4. Collins to start. Former LSU standout La’el Collins will get his first start at left guard, Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones announced on the team’s radio station on Friday.
5. Witten’s streak. Cowboys tight end Jason Witten, despite two sprained ankles and a sprained knee, is expected to play and extend his consecutive games played streak to 190 games.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s D. Orlando Ledbetter tells CineSport’s Brian Clark how the Falcons scored 14 unanswered points in the fourth quarter to beat the Giants 24-20 at MetLife Stadium on Sunday.
GIANTS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 24, Giants 20
Falcons 24, Giants 20 — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from Falcons’ 24-20 win over the Giants
Mark Bradley column — Don’t stop believin’: Dan Quinn’s men are 2-0
A record day for Julio Jones: 13 receptions
Kroy Biermann: ‘We’re a ball-attacking team’
GIANTS WEEK COVERAGE
Chester, Levitre arrive to bolster Falcons’ offensive line
Jake Long signed for $1.1 million
Jones’ ailing hamstring kept him out of practice
Moore fined $23,152 for hit on Eagles WR Jordan Matthews
Matt Ryan, Jake Long’s friendship rooted in pre-draft desert workouts
7 questions with Giants coach Tom Coughlin
5 questions with Giants quarterback Eli Manning
Beasley, Flowers to face in prime rookie battle
Julio Jones named NFC offensive player of the week
Quinn reflects in aftermath of first win
EAGLES GAME COVERAGE — FALCONS 26, EAGLES 24
5 things we learned from Falcons’ upset win over Eagles
Matt Ryan leads Falcons to 26-24 win over the Eagles
Jeff Schultz column: An impressive debut by Quinn’s new Falcons
Mark Bradley column: A new year: The Falcons dig deep and hang on
Julio Jones moves into fifth on Falcons’ all-time receiving list
Tevin Coleman powers new rushing attack
Ricardo Allen seals victory in first start at free safety
4 questions with Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones after the game
Falcons rookies Beasley, Jarrett make impact
Falcons’ revamped offensive line shows positive signs
Falcons quotes after their victory over the Eagles
Falcons-Eagles: By The Numbers
LIVING THAT BLOG LIFE
COVER 9@9: Where does Jake Long fit?
Falcons’ report card: Allen saves day in first NFL start
VIDEO: Where does Jake Long fit?
4-point plan to stop Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.
Desmond Trufant on the keys to stopping Odell Beckham Jr.