FLOWERY BRANCH — Here’s everything you need to know about the Falcons (4-0), who face Washington (2-2) at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Georgia Dome, this morning:
(VIDEO: Babineaux: ‘Sky is the limit for us’)
- Falcons are off today. The team does not practice on Tuesdays during a normal week. But the coaches will be in the office putting their final touches of the game plan, which they’ll presented to the players on Wednesday. Now, next Tuesday before playing the Saints on Thursday, they’ll have to practice.
- Roddy White fantasy show is on tonight. While White has dropped off the fantasy radar, he still has a show. “Going Deep with Roddy White” will air on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio tonight from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. with John Hansen.
- Therezie played well. Free safety Robenson Therezie played well in his first NFL start against the Texans. We’ll have Falcons coach Dan Quinn break down his performance later today.
- Red Zone. On these days without media access, we drill down and look at some of things that may or may not be working for the team. The Falcons have scored 12 touchdowns on 15 trips inside the red zone, which leads the NFL. One of the knocks on Kyle Shanahan was that his offenses stalled inside the red zone. Here’s my “Shanahan must step-it-up in the redzone” blog from February.
- The coaching carousel has started early. The Dolphins fired Joe Philbin after just four games. Wonder if the Dolphins’ search would lead them to the door of former Falcons coach Mike Smith?
The Falcons throttled the Houston Texans, 48-21. Matt Ryan threw for 256 yards and a touchdown and spoke after the game. D. Orlando Ledbetter reports from the Georgia Dome.