The AJC’s D. Orlando Ledbetter & CineSport’s Noah Coslov preview the Falcons game against Washington by talking about the potential return of Tevin Coleman & how to slow down QB Kirk Cousins.
FLOWERY BRANCH — Here’s everything you need to know about the Falcons (4-0), who host the Washington Redskins (2-2) at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Georgia Dome, this morning:
- Roddy White is not disgruntled. Spoke to White for a long time Tuesday afternoon. We go back to his rookie year. He’s always been available and a straight shooter. Yes, he does want to be more involved in the offense. No, he’s not ticked about it. He knows his time is coming and he’ll be ready.
- The Falcons return to practice. This is the major install day of the week. Coach Dan Quinn will address the media after the walk-through and before practice around 12:05 p.m. There’s an open locker room session from 12:15 p.m. to 1:05 p.m. The players hit the field for practice at 1:05. After practice, defensive coordinator Richard Smith will be available to the media.
- Quarterback Matt Ryan will address the media. He always give a good breakdown of the opposing defense.
- The week’s first official injury report will come out. We’ll be looking for updates on Jacob Tamme (concussion) and running back Tevin Coleman (ribs). We’re not expecting an update on linebacker Justin Durant (elbow) since he’s not seeing the doctor until Thursday.
- ICYMI – Hester to IR. Returner Devin Hester was placed on short-term injured reserve on Tuesday. The steady Eric Weems will continue to fill in at kickoff and punt returner.
Desmond Trufant finishing off his 24-yard touchdown run after he recovered a fumble against the Texans. (Curtis Compton/The Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
How did the Falcons get to 4-0?
Here’s a look back at the game stories, news and notes from their victories over the Texans (48-21), Cowboys (39-28), Giants (24-20) and Eagles (26-24).
TEXANS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 48, Texans 21
How the Falcons hammered the Texans — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 48-21 win over the Texans
Devonta Freeman stars again for the Falcons
What the Falcons had to say after pummeling the Texans
9 comments from Dan Quinn on the Falcons’ victory
Jeff Schult’z column: Devonta Freeman, 7 TDs — who didn’t see that coming
Schraeder, Matthews keep Watt in check
Hankerson turns in a 100-yard receiving day (second of his career)
Houston’s J.J. Watt tips hat to the Falcons
Former Falcons great Jessie Tuggle honored during Texans game
COWBOYS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 39, Cowboys 28
Falcons 39, Cowboys 28 — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 39-28 win over the Cowboys
Mark Bradley’s short takes: Julio, Freeman and the defense
Devonta Freeman is catalyst for Falcons run game
QUOTEBOARD: What the Falcons had to say after beating Dallas
Julio Jones does it again: 12 catches, 164 yards and two touchdowns
Mark Bradley column: A dominant half shows what he Falcons could be
Offensive line cracked the run-game code
Ryan directed second-half fireworks show
Beasley help lead resurgence on defense
Where’s Falcons wide receiver Roddy White?
GIANTS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 24, Giants 20
Falcons 24, Giants 20 — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from Falcons’ 24-20 win over the Giants
Mark Bradley column — Don’t stop believin’: Dan Quinn’s men are 2-0
A record day for Julio Jones: 13 receptions
Kroy Biermann: ‘We’re a ball-attacking team’
EAGLES GAME COVERAGE — FALCONS 26, EAGLES 24
5 things we learned from Falcons’ upset win over Eagles
Matt Ryan leads Falcons to 26-24 win over the Eagles
Jeff Schultz column: An impressive debut by Quinn’s new Falcons
Mark Bradley column: A new year: The Falcons dig deep and hang on
Julio Jones moves into fifth on Falcons’ all-time receiving list
Tevin Coleman powers new rushing attack
Ricardo Allen seals victory in first start at free safety
4 questions with Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones after the game
Falcons rookies Beasley, Jarrett make impact
Falcons’ revamped offensive line shows positive signs
Falcons quotes after their victory over the Eagles
Falcons-Eagles: By The Numbers