The AJC’s D. Orlando Ledbetter & CineSport’s Noah Coslov preview the Falcons game against Washington by talking about the potential return of Tevin Coleman & how to slow down QB Kirk Cousins.
FLOWERY BRANCH — Here’s everything you need to know about the Falcons (4-0), who host the Washington Redskins (2-2) at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Georgia Dome, this morning:
- White’s personal matter. Roddy White missed practice because of a medical situation with his mother.
- Ryan supports Roddy White. “To me, I’ve been around him, this is eight seasons together, and he’s always been a consummate professional and one of the best teammates I’ve ever been around,” Ryan said. However, the quarterback doesn’t plan to start forcing passes to White. “He knows that when I’m out there, I’m going through progressions looking at what coverage they are playing against us and trying to find ways to move the ball and find a completion. As you continue to do that, the ball is going to find different guys as the year goes on. I’ve always kind of operated that way.”
- ESPN can’t find y’all. Where are the Falcons fans at? ESPN can’t find y’all. Come back to AJC.COM from 11 a.m. to 12 noon for the weekly Falcons Fan Mailbag.
- The Falcons’ practice schedule. Coach Dan Quinn will address the media after the walk-through and before practice around 12:10 p.m. There’s an open locker room session from 12:20 p.m. to 1:05 p.m. The players hit the field for practice at 1:05. After practice, offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan and special teams coordinator Keith Armstrong will be available to the media. Wide receiver Julio Jones, who is the Falcons other designated once-a-week media player, will speak during the open locker room session.
- The week’s first official injury report was out. Tight end Jacob Tamme (concussion), running back Tevin Coleman (ribs), free safety Ricardo Allen (knee), wide receiver Julio Jones (toe/hamstring), wide receiver Leonard Hankerson (thumb), linebacker Brooks Reed (groin), linebacker Justin Durant (elbow) and wide receiver Roddy White (mother/medical). Durant and White didn’t practice. Tamme fully participated. The rest of the players were limited in practice.
How did the Falcons get to 4-0?
Here’s a look back at the game stories, news and notes from their victories over the Texans (48-21), Cowboys (39-28), Giants (24-20) and Eagles (26-24).
TEXANS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 48, Texans 21
COWBOYS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 39, Cowboys 28
GIANTS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 24, Giants 20
EAGLES GAME COVERAGE — FALCONS 26, EAGLES 24