FLOWERY BRANCH — Falcons wide receiver Roddy White met with head coach Dan Quinn on Thursday morning before the team’s walk-through to clear the air and get a better understanding of his role in the offense.
White, a four-time Pro Bowler, is the franchise’s all-time leader in yards (10,449), touchdown receptions (62) and catches (771).
After catching 80 passes last season, White is off to a slow start. The team is winning, but he didn’t catch a pass in two games and his streak of 130 straight games with a catch was snapped in Week Two against the Giants.
Here are five things to know about the meeting:
- Roddy White is back on the train. Wide receivers coach Terry Robiskie told White to check his pride at the door and get on the train that he hopes will take the Falcons to the Super Bowl.
- White has to be patient. White indicated that he received some assurances that he’ll be more involved in the attack.
- White didn’t understand what the fuss was all about. “It’s really not a controversy,” White said. “My role is, what it is. .. It’s just certain things that just get out into the media and certain people just take it way too far.”
- It was a good sit down. “It went good,” White said. “We sat around and talked about what I wanted to do. What I expected and want I wanted to come from it from this point forward. It was really good. We had a good sit down. We just talked about football.”
- There was no breach of the brotherhood. Quinn talks about the players playing hard for the guy next to them. He feels that energy infuses the team with energy. “It was much needed conversation,” White said. “I walked out of there with my head up.”
The AJC’s D. Orlando Ledbetter & CineSport’s Noah Coslov preview the Falcons game against Washington by talking about the potential return of Tevin Coleman & how to slow down QB Kirk Cousins.
How did the Falcons get to 4-0?
Here’s a look back at the game stories, news and notes from their victories over the Texans (48-21), Cowboys (39-28), Giants (24-20) and Eagles (26-24).
Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones makes a reception against Texans linebacker Benardick McKinney during the first half in a football game on Sunday, Oct. 4, 2015, in Atlanta. The Falcons beat the Texans 48-21 to improve their record to 4-0.
TEXANS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 48, Texans 21
How the Falcons hammered the Texans — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 48-21 win over the Texans
Devonta Freeman stars again for the Falcons
What the Falcons had to say after pummeling the Texans
9 comments from Dan Quinn on the Falcons’ victory
Jeff Schult’z column: Devonta Freeman, 7 TDs — who didn’t see that coming
Schraeder, Matthews keep Watt in check
Hankerson turns in a 100-yard receiving day (second of his career)
Houston’s J.J. Watt tips hat to the Falcons
Former Falcons great Jessie Tuggle honored during Texans game
COWBOYS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 39, Cowboys 28
Falcons 39, Cowboys 28 — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 39-28 win over the Cowboys
Mark Bradley’s short takes: Julio, Freeman and the defense
Devonta Freeman is catalyst for Falcons run game
QUOTEBOARD: What the Falcons had to say after beating Dallas
Julio Jones does it again: 12 catches, 164 yards and two touchdowns
Mark Bradley column: A dominant half shows what he Falcons could be
Offensive line cracked the run-game code
Ryan directed second-half fireworks show
Beasley help lead resurgence on defense
Where’s Falcons wide receiver Roddy White?
GIANTS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 24, Giants 20
Falcons 24, Giants 20 — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from Falcons’ 24-20 win over the Giants
Mark Bradley column — Don’t stop believin’: Dan Quinn’s men are 2-0
A record day for Julio Jones: 13 receptions
Kroy Biermann: ‘We’re a ball-attacking team’
EAGLES GAME COVERAGE — FALCONS 26, EAGLES 24
5 things we learned from Falcons’ upset win over Eagles
Matt Ryan leads Falcons to 26-24 win over the Eagles
Jeff Schultz column: An impressive debut by Quinn’s new Falcons
Mark Bradley column: A new year: The Falcons dig deep and hang on
Julio Jones moves into fifth on Falcons’ all-time receiving list
Tevin Coleman powers new rushing attack
Ricardo Allen seals victory in first start at free safety
4 questions with Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones after the game
Falcons rookies Beasley, Jarrett make impact
Falcons’ revamped offensive line shows positive signs
Falcons quotes after their victory over the Eagles
Falcons-Eagles: By The Numbers