FLOWERY BRANCH — Here’s everything you need to know about the Falcons (4-0), who host the Washington Redskins (2-2) at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Georgia Dome, this morning:
- It’s Finishing Friday. The Falcons will focus on finishing in their 11:30 a.m. practice. Coach Dan Quinn will address the media after practice followed by an open locker room session.
- DVR alert. Quinn, general manager Thomas Dimitroff and wide receiver Julio Jones will appear on NFL Network’s NFL GameDay First at 7 a.m and NFL GameDay Morning at 9 a.m. on Sunday. We’ll post some previews for you later.
- Final injury report. Quinn will release the team’s final injury report. He’ll give us an update on linebacker Justin Durant, who went to see the doctor on Thursday for his elbow injury. He hasn’t practice all week. We don’t expect him to play. However, running back Tevin Coleman is going to play and split time with Devonta Freeman, according to Roddy White.
- ICYMI – The offensive line is the top rated unit in the league through the first quarter of the season by profootballfocus.com.
- Series record. This will be the 24th regular-season meeting with the Washington Redskins, who hold a 14-8-1 lead over the Falcons. However, the Falcons have won the last four meetings, including a 27-16 win at the Georgia Dome last season.
How did the Falcons get to 4-0?
Here’s a look back at the game stories, news and notes from their victories over the Texans (48-21), Cowboys (39-28), Giants (24-20) and Eagles (26-24).
Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones makes a reception against Texans linebacker Benardick McKinney during the first half in a football game on Sunday, Oct. 4, 2015, in Atlanta. The Falcons beat the Texans 48-21 to improve their record to 4-0.
TEXANS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 48, Texans 21
How the Falcons hammered the Texans — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 48-21 win over the Texans
Devonta Freeman stars again for the Falcons
What the Falcons had to say after pummeling the Texans
9 comments from Dan Quinn on the Falcons’ victory
Jeff Schult’z column: Devonta Freeman, 7 TDs — who didn’t see that coming
Schraeder, Matthews keep Watt in check
Hankerson turns in a 100-yard receiving day (second of his career)
Houston’s J.J. Watt tips hat to the Falcons
Former Falcons great Jessie Tuggle honored during Texans game
COWBOYS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 39, Cowboys 28
Falcons 39, Cowboys 28 — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 39-28 win over the Cowboys
Mark Bradley’s short takes: Julio, Freeman and the defense
Devonta Freeman is catalyst for Falcons run game
QUOTEBOARD: What the Falcons had to say after beating Dallas
Julio Jones does it again: 12 catches, 164 yards and two touchdowns
Mark Bradley column: A dominant half shows what he Falcons could be
Offensive line cracked the run-game code
Ryan directed second-half fireworks show
Beasley help lead resurgence on defense
Where’s Falcons wide receiver Roddy White?
GIANTS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 24, Giants 20
Falcons 24, Giants 20 — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from Falcons’ 24-20 win over the Giants
Mark Bradley column — Don’t stop believin’: Dan Quinn’s men are 2-0
A record day for Julio Jones: 13 receptions
Kroy Biermann: ‘We’re a ball-attacking team’
EAGLES GAME COVERAGE — FALCONS 26, EAGLES 24
5 things we learned from Falcons’ upset win over Eagles
Matt Ryan leads Falcons to 26-24 win over the Eagles
Jeff Schultz column: An impressive debut by Quinn’s new Falcons
Mark Bradley column: A new year: The Falcons dig deep and hang on
Julio Jones moves into fifth on Falcons’ all-time receiving list
Tevin Coleman powers new rushing attack
Ricardo Allen seals victory in first start at free safety
4 questions with Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones after the game
Falcons rookies Beasley, Jarrett make impact
Falcons’ revamped offensive line shows positive signs
Falcons quotes after their victory over the Eagles
Falcons-Eagles: By The Numbers