FLOWERY BRANCH — Here’s everything you need to know about the Falcons (5-0), who play the New Orleans Saints (1-4) at 8:25 p.m. Thursday at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, this morning.
- Big practice day. The Falcons practice today at 1:15 p.m. Coach Dan Quinn will speak to the media at 12:20 p.m. before the open locker room session.
- Julio Jones update: Julio Jones didn’t practice in the walk-through on Monday. He’ll give us an update on his toe and
101115 ATLANTA: — SUDDEN DEATH — Falcons head coach Dan Quinn (far right) and his team begin to celebrate as cornerback Robert Alford intercepts Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins during sudden death and returns it for the game winning touchdown and a final score of 25-19 in their football game on Sunday, Oct. 11, 2015, in Atlanta. The Falcons remain perfect at 5-0 with the victory. Curtis Compton / firstname.lastname@example.org
hamstring injuries. He’s clearly not 100 percent, but probably will try to make it to the mini-bye week after the Saints game.
- Matt Ryan update: Ryan will speak today. We’ll have to find out why he was so off target against the Redskins. Ryan completed 24 of 42 passes for 254 yards and finished with a 55.1 passer rating. It was Ryan’s lowest passing rated game since he had a 48.6 in Week 2 against Cincinnati last season. It was Ryan’s lowest passer rating in a victory during his pro career. The Falcons beat Tampa Bay 13-10 on Dec. 14, 2009 when he had a 57.5 passer rating.
- Run defense. Defensive coordinator Richard Smith will discuss the run defense, which stuffed the Redskins. The defense held them to 2.1 yards per carry. They were the No. 1 rushing team in the league at 139.1 yards per game.
- Series record: This will be the 92nd regular-season meeting with the Falcons, who hold a 48-43 lead over the Saints. Before last season’s two-game swept, the Saints were 13-3 since Sean Payton took over as head coach in 2006.
Robert Alford returned an interception for a touchdown in overtime to lift the Falcons over the Washington Redskins and help Atlanta remain unbeaten. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s D. Orlando Ledbetter reports.
How did the Falcons get to 5-0?
Here’s a look back at the game stories, news and notes from their victories over the Redskins (25-19 in OT), Texans (48-21), Cowboys (39-28), Giants (24-20) and Eagles (26-24).
WASHINGTON GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 25, Redskins 19 in OT
Falcons pull out 25-19 victory over Redskins in OT — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned in the Falcons’ 25-19 win over the Redskins
Alford’s 59-yard interception return saves the day
What the Falcons had to say after the 25-19 win
Ryan, offense struggle with turnovers
Mark Bradley column: The Frenetic Falcons: Five-and-oh-my!
Roddy White hears support from the crowd
15 comments from Dan Quinn on the Falcons’ victory
Roddy White: ‘I’ll be a Falcons for life’
Tweetcap: Falcons beat Redskins in OT
TEXANS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 48, Texans 21
How the Falcons hammered the Texans — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 48-21 win over the Texans
Devonta Freeman stars again for the Falcons
What the Falcons had to say after pummeling the Texans
9 comments from Dan Quinn on the Falcons’ victory
Jeff Schult’z column: Devonta Freeman, 7 TDs — who didn’t see that coming
Schraeder, Matthews keep Watt in check
Hankerson turns in a 100-yard receiving day (second of his career)
Houston’s J.J. Watt tips hat to the Falcons
Former Falcons great Jessie Tuggle honored during Texans game
COWBOYS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 39, Cowboys 28
Falcons 39, Cowboys 28 — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 39-28 win over the Cowboys
Mark Bradley’s short takes: Julio, Freeman and the defense
Devonta Freeman is catalyst for Falcons run game
QUOTEBOARD: What the Falcons had to say after beating Dallas
Julio Jones does it again: 12 catches, 164 yards and two touchdowns
Mark Bradley column: A dominant half shows what he Falcons could be
Offensive line cracked the run-game code
Ryan directed second-half fireworks show
Beasley help lead resurgence on defense
Where’s Falcons wide receiver Roddy White?
GIANTS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 24, Giants 20
Falcons 24, Giants 20 — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from Falcons’ 24-20 win over the Giants
Mark Bradley column — Don’t stop believin’: Dan Quinn’s men are 2-0
A record day for Julio Jones: 13 receptions
Kroy Biermann: ‘We’re a ball-attacking team’
EAGLES GAME COVERAGE — FALCONS 26, EAGLES 24
5 things we learned from Falcons’ upset win over Eagles
Matt Ryan leads Falcons to 26-24 win over the Eagles
Jeff Schultz column: An impressive debut by Quinn’s new Falcons
Mark Bradley column: A new year: The Falcons dig deep and hang on
Julio Jones moves into fifth on Falcons’ all-time receiving list
Tevin Coleman powers new rushing attack
Ricardo Allen seals victory in first start at free safety
4 questions with Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones after the game
Falcons rookies Beasley, Jarrett make impact
Falcons’ revamped offensive line shows positive signs
Falcons quotes after their victory over the Eagles
Falcons-Eagles: By The Numbers