The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s D. Orlando Ledbetter and CineSport’s Noah Coslov preview Falcons-Titans by talking about the Falcons biggest question, the Titans QB situation and what Atlanta can fix this week.
Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan holds a huddle with third-graders at M. Agnes Jones Elementary as the kids prepare to run drills at the Atlanta school. (Brant Sanderlin/www.ajc.com)
FLOWERY BRANCH — Here’s everything you need to know about the Falcons (5-1), who play the Tennessee Titans (1-4) at 1 p.m. Sunday at Nissan Stadium in Nashville, this morning.
- Practice. Today is the major install day for the Falcons. They’ll have a morning walk-through before practicing at 1:05.
- Matt Ryan on turnovers. Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan will address the media. The hot topic for him will be the unit’s turnovers in the past two games.
- Richard Smith on the pass rush. Falcons defensive coordinator Richard Smith will discuss the team’s pass rush, Grady Jarrett and what happened with the coverage of New Orleans tight end Ben Watson, who had 10 catches for 127 yards and one touchdown.
- Coach Mike Smith’s book is out. Former coach Mike Smith has respectfully refused several requests for interviews since being terminated. He’s co-authored a book titled “You Win in the Locker Room First: The 7 C’s to Build a Winning Team in Business, Sports, and Life” with Jon Gordon, the author of the Energy Bus. Smith details the famed “Process” which lead to the Falcons posting five consecutive winning seasons in the book and nearly reaching the Super Bowl in 2012.
- Falcons drop in power rankings. The Falcons dropped from No. 3 to No. 7 in the AJC’s latest NFL power rankings. “The two red-zone turnovers and the blocked punt are correctable mistakes. The lack of a pass rush is a major weakness.”
How did the Falcons get to 5-1?
Here’s a look back at the game stories, news and notes from their loss to the Saints (31-21) and their victories over the Redskins (25-19 in OT), Texans (48-21), Cowboys (39-28), Giants (24-20) and Eagles (26-24).
NEW ORLEANS GAME COVERAGE — Saints 31, Falcons 21
5 things we learned in the Falcons’ 31-21 loss to the Saints
Saints hand Falcons their first loss — Quarter by Quarter
Matt Ryan: ‘It was a tough night’
5 comments from Dan Quinn on the Falcons’ loss
What the Falcons had to say after their 31-21 loss to the Saints
Why didn’t the Falcons feed Freeman? — Mike Check
Falcons flash some of their ugly past — Jeff Schultz column
Falcons-Saints by the numbers
Tweetcap: Falcons flop in New Orleans
WASHINGTON GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 25, Redskins 19 in OT
Falcons pull out 25-19 victory over Redskins in OT — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned in the Falcons’ 25-19 win over the Redskins
Alford’s 59-yard interception return saves the day
What the Falcons had to say after the 25-19 win
Ryan, offense struggle with turnovers
Mark Bradley column: The Frenetic Falcons: Five-and-oh-my!
Roddy White hears support from the crowd
15 comments from Dan Quinn on the Falcons’ victory
Roddy White: ‘I’ll be a Falcons for life’
Tweetcap: Falcons beat Redskins in OT
TEXANS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 48, Texans 21
How the Falcons hammered the Texans — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 48-21 win over the Texans
Devonta Freeman stars again for the Falcons
What the Falcons had to say after pummeling the Texans
9 comments from Dan Quinn on the Falcons’ victory
Jeff Schult’z column: Devonta Freeman, 7 TDs — who didn’t see that coming
Schraeder, Matthews keep Watt in check
Hankerson turns in a 100-yard receiving day (second of his career)
Houston’s J.J. Watt tips hat to the Falcons
Former Falcons great Jessie Tuggle honored during Texans game
COWBOYS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 39, Cowboys 28
Falcons 39, Cowboys 28 — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 39-28 win over the Cowboys
Mark Bradley’s short takes: Julio, Freeman and the defense
Devonta Freeman is catalyst for Falcons run game
QUOTEBOARD: What the Falcons had to say after beating Dallas
Julio Jones does it again: 12 catches, 164 yards and two touchdowns
Mark Bradley column: A dominant half shows what he Falcons could be
Offensive line cracked the run-game code
Ryan directed second-half fireworks show
Beasley help lead resurgence on defense
Where’s Falcons wide receiver Roddy White?
GIANTS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 24, Giants 20
Falcons 24, Giants 20 — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from Falcons’ 24-20 win over the Giants
Mark Bradley column — Don’t stop believin’: Dan Quinn’s men are 2-0
A record day for Julio Jones: 13 receptions
Kroy Biermann: ‘We’re a ball-attacking team’
EAGLES GAME COVERAGE — FALCONS 26, EAGLES 24
5 things we learned from Falcons’ upset win over Eagles
Matt Ryan leads Falcons to 26-24 win over the Eagles
Jeff Schultz column: An impressive debut by Quinn’s new Falcons
Mark Bradley column: A new year: The Falcons dig deep and hang on
Julio Jones moves into fifth on Falcons’ all-time receiving list
Tevin Coleman powers new rushing attack
Ricardo Allen seals victory in first start at free safety
4 questions with Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones after the game
Falcons rookies Beasley, Jarrett make impact
Falcons’ revamped offensive line shows positive signs
Falcons quotes after their victory over the Eagles
Falcons-Eagles: By The Numbers