EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ – SEPTEMBER 20: Julio Jones #11 of the Atlanta Falcons makes a first down reception in the fourth quarter under pressure from Brandon Meriweather #22 of the New York Giants at MetLife Stadium on September 20, 2015 in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The Atlanta Falcons defeated the New York Giants 24-20. (Photo by Alex Goodlett/Getty Images)
FLOWERY BRANCH — Here’s what we learned on Thursday about the Falcons (5-1), who play the Tennessee Titans (1-4) at 1 p.m. Sunday at Nissan Stadium in Nashville.
- Stopping the tight end. After letting Saints tight end Ben Watson get loose for a career-high 127 yards receiving, the Falcons have some plans to stop Tennessee tight ends Delanie Walker and Anthony Fasano. Check out the story here.
- Julio Jones is fresh. Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones is no longer on the injury report. The break was good for him. “He looked good,” offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan said. “The time off helped.” Here’s Thursday’s story on Julio.
- Early risers. The AJC batmobile pulled into the media lot at 7:37 a.m. and the coaches’ parking lot was already full. The must get in around 6 a.m. They usually leave after 9 p.m. Coaches put in long hours.
- Person appears set to go. Center Mike Person fully participated in practice and has suffered no set backs while coming back from his ankle injury.
- Mariota did not practice. The Falcons may want to go ahead and start getting ready for Zach Mettenberger.
How did the Falcons get to 5-1?
Here’s a look back at the game stories, news and notes from their loss to the Saints (31-21) and their victories over the Redskins (25-19 in OT), Texans (48-21), Cowboys (39-28), Giants (24-20) and Eagles (26-24).
NEW ORLEANS GAME COVERAGE — Saints 31, Falcons 21
5 things we learned in the Falcons’ 31-21 loss to the Saints
Saints hand Falcons their first loss — Quarter by Quarter
Matt Ryan: ‘It was a tough night’
5 comments from Dan Quinn on the Falcons’ loss
What the Falcons had to say after their 31-21 loss to the Saints
Why didn’t the Falcons feed Freeman? — Mike Check
Falcons flash some of their ugly past — Jeff Schultz column
Falcons-Saints by the numbers
Tweetcap: Falcons flop in New Orleans
WASHINGTON GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 25, Redskins 19 in OT
Falcons pull out 25-19 victory over Redskins in OT — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned in the Falcons’ 25-19 win over the Redskins
Alford’s 59-yard interception return saves the day
What the Falcons had to say after the 25-19 win
Ryan, offense struggle with turnovers
Mark Bradley column: The Frenetic Falcons: Five-and-oh-my!
Roddy White hears support from the crowd
15 comments from Dan Quinn on the Falcons’ victory
Roddy White: ‘I’ll be a Falcons for life’
Tweetcap: Falcons beat Redskins in OT
TEXANS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 48, Texans 21
How the Falcons hammered the Texans — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 48-21 win over the Texans
Devonta Freeman stars again for the Falcons
What the Falcons had to say after pummeling the Texans
9 comments from Dan Quinn on the Falcons’ victory
Jeff Schult’z column: Devonta Freeman, 7 TDs — who didn’t see that coming
Schraeder, Matthews keep Watt in check
Hankerson turns in a 100-yard receiving day (second of his career)
Houston’s J.J. Watt tips hat to the Falcons
Former Falcons great Jessie Tuggle honored during Texans game
COWBOYS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 39, Cowboys 28
Falcons 39, Cowboys 28 — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 39-28 win over the Cowboys
Mark Bradley’s short takes: Julio, Freeman and the defense
Devonta Freeman is catalyst for Falcons run game
QUOTEBOARD: What the Falcons had to say after beating Dallas
Julio Jones does it again: 12 catches, 164 yards and two touchdowns
Mark Bradley column: A dominant half shows what he Falcons could be
Offensive line cracked the run-game code
Ryan directed second-half fireworks show
Beasley help lead resurgence on defense
Where’s Falcons wide receiver Roddy White?
GIANTS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 24, Giants 20
Falcons 24, Giants 20 — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from Falcons’ 24-20 win over the Giants
Mark Bradley column — Don’t stop believin’: Dan Quinn’s men are 2-0
A record day for Julio Jones: 13 receptions
Kroy Biermann: ‘We’re a ball-attacking team’
EAGLES GAME COVERAGE — FALCONS 26, EAGLES 24
5 things we learned from Falcons’ upset win over Eagles
Matt Ryan leads Falcons to 26-24 win over the Eagles
Jeff Schultz column: An impressive debut by Quinn’s new Falcons