The Falcons are admittedly having some issues on offense. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s D. Orlando Ledbetter and CineSport’s Noah Coslov get in those details while previewing Sunday’s game against the Buccaneers.
FLOWERY BRANCH — Here’s what we learned on Friday about the Falcons (6-1), who play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-4) at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Georgia Dome.
(Curtis Compton / AJC)
- Moore is out. Falcons safety William Moore, the second-leading tackler on the team with 36, was declared out of the game with a groin injury. He worked out for the trainers, but was clearly favoring his right side. Kemal Ishmael and Robenson Therezie will replace Moore. CLICK HERE FOR STORY ON ISHMAEL.
- Hankerson is out. Falcons wide receiver Leonard Hankerson, who suffered a hamstring injury against Tennessee, was also declared out for the game.
- Williams will be a game-time decision. Wide receiver Nick Williams, who’s battling a hamstring injury, will be a game-time decision on Sunday.
- Brooks Reed playing run. Falcons coach Dan Quinn said that linebacker Brooks Reed is holding up well against the run and not allowing teams to run outside on the Falcons.
- Ryan owns Bucs in Georgia Dome. Quarterback Matt Ryan, who’s in a slump, has won 6 of 7 homes starts vs. Tampa Bay with 10 touchdowns, two interceptions and a 110.1 passer rating. In the past two at home against the Bucs, he has six touchdown passes, no interceptions and a passer rating of 152.8 rating.
How did the Falcons get to 6-1?
Here’s a look back at the game stories, news and notes from their win over the Titans (10-7), the loss to the Saints (31-21) and their victories over the Redskins (25-19 in OT), Texans (48-21), Cowboys (39-28), Giants (24-20) and Eagles (26-24).
TENNESSEE GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 10, Titans 7
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 10-7 victory over the Titans
BRADLEY: Falcons do enough to survive
10 comments from Dan Quinn after the Falcons’ 10-7 victory over the Titans
NEW ORLEANS GAME COVERAGE — Saints 31, Falcons 21
5 things we learned in the Falcons’ 31-21 loss to the Saints
Saints hand Falcons their first loss — Quarter by Quarter
Matt Ryan: ‘It was a tough night’
5 comments from Dan Quinn on the Falcons’ loss
What the Falcons had to say after their 31-21 loss to the Saints
Why didn’t the Falcons feed Freeman? — Mike Check
Falcons flash some of their ugly past — Jeff Schultz column
Falcons-Saints by the numbers
Tweetcap: Falcons flop in New Orleans
WASHINGTON GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 25, Redskins 19 in OT
Falcons pull out 25-19 victory over Redskins in OT — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned in the Falcons’ 25-19 win over the Redskins
Alford’s 59-yard interception return saves the day
What the Falcons had to say after the 25-19 win
Ryan, offense struggle with turnovers
Mark Bradley column: The Frenetic Falcons: Five-and-oh-my!
Roddy White hears support from the crowd
15 comments from Dan Quinn on the Falcons’ victory
Roddy White: ‘I’ll be a Falcons for life’
Tweetcap: Falcons beat Redskins in OT
TEXANS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 48, Texans 21
How the Falcons hammered the Texans — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 48-21 win over the Texans
Devonta Freeman stars again for the Falcons
What the Falcons had to say after pummeling the Texans
9 comments from Dan Quinn on the Falcons’ victory
Jeff Schult’z column: Devonta Freeman, 7 TDs — who didn’t see that coming
Schraeder, Matthews keep Watt in check
Hankerson turns in a 100-yard receiving day (second of his career)
Houston’s J.J. Watt tips hat to the Falcons
Former Falcons great Jessie Tuggle honored during Texans game
COWBOYS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 39, Cowboys 28
Falcons 39, Cowboys 28 — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 39-28 win over the Cowboys
Mark Bradley’s short takes: Julio, Freeman and the defense
Devonta Freeman is catalyst for Falcons run game
QUOTEBOARD: What the Falcons had to say after beating Dallas
Julio Jones does it again: 12 catches, 164 yards and two touchdowns
Mark Bradley column: A dominant half shows what he Falcons could be
Offensive line cracked the run-game code
Ryan directed second-half fireworks show
Beasley help lead resurgence on defense
Where’s Falcons wide receiver Roddy White?
GIANTS GAME COVERAGE — Falcons 24, Giants 20
Falcons 24, Giants 20 — Quarter by Quarter
5 things we learned from Falcons’ 24-20 win over the Giants
Mark Bradley column — Don’t stop believin’: Dan Quinn’s men are 2-0
A record day for Julio Jones: 13 receptions
Kroy Biermann: ‘We’re a ball-attacking team’
EAGLES GAME COVERAGE — FALCONS 26, EAGLES 24
5 things we learned from Falcons’ upset win over Eagles
Matt Ryan leads Falcons to 26-24 win over the Eagles
Jeff Schultz column: An impressive debut by Quinn’s new Falcons
Mark Bradley column: A new year: The Falcons dig deep and hang on
Julio Jones moves into fifth on Falcons’ all-time receiving list
Tevin Coleman powers new rushing attack
Ricardo Allen seals victory in first start at free safety
4 questions with Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones after the game
Falcons rookies Beasley, Jarrett make impact
Falcons’ revamped offensive line shows positive signs
Falcons quotes after their victory over the Eagles
Falcons-Eagles: By The Numbers