FLOWERY BRANCH — Here are five things you need to know Thursday about the Falcons (6-5), who play at Tampa Bay (5-6) at 1 p.m. Sunday at Raymond James Stadium.
1. PRACTICE TODAY: The Falcons have a morning walk-through. Falcons coach Dan Quinn will talk with the media at 12:10 p.m. before practice which set to start at 12:50 p.m.
2. OPEN LOCKER ROOM: Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones will speak to the media. In addition to discussing the players’ only meeting, Jones hasn’t scored a touchdown in three games.
3. SHANAHAN TO TALK: Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan will meet with the media. Jump on the “Falcons Fan Mailbag” from 11 a.m. to 12 noon and send your questions along. I’ll pick a few to mix in from the fans. (Keep it classy!) Check back later for video and a transcript.
4. ARMSTRONG DAY: Falcons special teams coordinator Keith Armstrong had it cranked up to 10 during practice on Wednesday. He’s in mid-season from. We talk to him about likely getting returner Devin Hester back, punter Matt Bosher. The decision on kicker Matt Bryant won’t be made until Friday evening, according to Quinn.
5. GET YOUR QUESTIONS READY: Take an early lunch go to AJC.com for “Falcons Fan Mailbag” today from 11 a.m. to 12 noon.
The AJC’s D. Orlando Ledbetter chats with CineSport’s Noah Coslov about whether Matt Ryan still gives the Falcons the best chance to win and what has changed since the Week 8 loss to the Bucs.
MINNESOTA GAME COVERAGE — Vikings 20, Falcons 10
FROM THE FIRST MEETING — TAMPA BAY GAME COVERAGE — Bucs 23, Falcons 20 in OT