FLOWERY BRANCH — Here are five things you need to know Thursday about the Falcons (6-6), who play at Carolina (12-0) at 1 p.m. Sunday at Bank of America Stadium.
1. PRACTICE TODAY: The Falcons have a morning walk-through followed by practice that is scheduled to start at 1:05 p.m. Falcons coach Dan Quinn will be at the podium before practice at 12:10 p.m. followed by an open locker room session.
2. SHANAHAN TO SPEAK: Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan will speak after practice. Also, wide receiver Julio Jones will speak for the first time since talking about him not being targeted in the red zone.
3. FALCONS FAN MAILBAG TODAY!!!!: Get your questions ready to discuss the Falcons and this week’s battle with the Panthers at 11 a.m. to 12 noon today.
4. ARMSTRONG TO SPEAK: Special teams coordinator Keith Armstrong will have an update on how Devin Hester played and how they can improve the blocking for him.
5. RYAN STILL DEVELOPING: Carolina coach Ron Rivera said he felt Matt Ryan was still developing in the new offense.
GAME COVERAGE — BUCCANEERS 23, FALCONS 19