FLOWERY BRANCH — Here are the five things you need to know on Thursday about the Falcons (6-7), who play at Jacksonville (5-8) at 1 p.m. Sunday at EverBank Field. The Falcons have dropped six straight and seven of the past eight games.
1. PRACTICE: The Falcons are set to hold a light practice at 11:30 p.m. Coach Dan Quinn will address the media followed by an open locker room period.
2. GREAT GAME PLAN: Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones said that there has been some real collaboration this week and that he really likes the game plan for Jacksonville. The locker room has been the upbeat for the first time in weeks.
3. SHANAHAN ON THE OFFENSE: Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan said that the Falcons must find a way to improve on offense.
4. DIMARCO HONORED: On Tuesday, December 15, the 6th Annual Atlanta Falcons Community Honors Dinner fullback Patrick DiMarco was honored as the 2015 Atlanta Falcons Walter Payton Man of the Year.
5. SERIES RECORD: This will be the sixth regular-season meeting with Jacksonville. The Jaguars hold a 3-2 advantage. The Falcons won the last meeting, 41-14 on Dec. 15, 2011 at the Georgia Dome. The Jaguars won the last meeting in Jacksonville, 13-7, on Sept. 9, 2007.