FLOWERY BRANCH — Here are the five things we learned Monday about the Falcons (7-7), who host Carolina (14-0) at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Georgia Dome. The Falcons snapped their six-game losing streak with a 23-17 victory over Jacksonville on Sunday.
1. BEASLEY HAS A TORN LABRUM: Falcons coach Dan Quinn confirmed that rookie defensive end Vic Bealsey has been playing with a torn labrum that’s been bothering him since OTAs. The Falcons didn’t have to list the injury on the injury report because Beasley missed on practice time because of it. It’s unclear if offseason surgery is planned.
2. JULIO JONES VS. JOSH NORMAN, PART 2: Carolina cornerback Josh Norman has gotten under Julio Jones’ skin already.
3. ASAMOAH, FALCONS PART WAYS: Just a year ago, Jon Asamoash was signed to a five year, $22.5 million contract as part of the Falcons “Toughness Campaign” in the trenches. On Monday, the team reached an injury settlement with offensive guard.
4. RODDY WHITE JOINS THE 800 CLUB: Falcons wide receiver Roddy White recorded his 800th career reception on the Falcons’ opening drive against Jacksonville. He now has 802 career catches.
5. FALCONS NAME NEW CEO: Falcons owner Arthur Blank hired a new CEO. He’s vowing to step back from some of the operations of his vast empire.