Here are 5 things to ponder before today’s 1 p.m. kickoff between the undefeated Panthers (14-0) and the Falcons (7-7) at the Georgia Dome.
1. PANTHERS PARTY: Can the Falcons stop the Panthers from partying in the Georgia Dome? The Panthers have outscored the Falcons 72-3 over the past two games.
2. FLASHBACK DAY FOR RODDY WHITE: Falcons wide receiver Roddy White said that he was in “Gladiator Mode” for this game. Not really sure what that means, but I think he plans on having a flashback day against the Panthers after Carolina cornerback Josh Norman called him the Falcons’ fifth receiver.
3. UNDERDOGS: The Falcons are seven-point underdogs to Panthers. The Falcons have lost 11 straight as home dogs of a touchdown or more. Atlanta went 6-5 against-the-spread in those games, according to PredictionMachine.com. (@predictmachine on Twitter)
4. PLAYOFF UPDATE: The Falcons have a 1.4 percent chance to make the playoffs. They must win out to start the calculations. Here’s a look at how teams can clinch playoff berths this weekend.
5. SERIES RECORD: This will be the 42nd regular season meeting between the Falcons and the Panthers. The Falcons lead the series, 24-17. The Panthers have won the past two games by a combined score of 72-3. The Panthers have won five of the past six meetings