The AJC’s D. Orlando Ledbetter and CineSport’s Noah Coslov preview Falcons-Saints by talking about what 9-7 means versus 8-8 and whether the team should rest some players to avoid injury.
FLOWERY BRANCH — Here are the five things you need to know Wednesday about the Falcons (8-7), who host the New Orleans (6-9) at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Georgia Dome. The Falcons, who have won two in a row, will be seeking to avenge a 31-21 loss to the Saints on Oct. 15.
UPDATE: Pending physical, #Falcons signing Xzavier Dickson (DE/OLB) to practice squad. Dickson was drafted by New England (No. 253 overall) in the seventh round. Dickson, who is from Griffin, played at Griffin High and Alabama.)
1. PRACTICE: There will be a morning walk-through and practice at 1:05 p.m. The Falcons practiced indoors on Christmas because the fields were so wet from all of the rain.
2. QUINN SPEAKS: Falcons coach Dan Quinn will speak to the media at 12:05 p.m. before practice, but after the walk-through.
3. SOLIAI DONE FOR SEASON: The Falcons placed nose tackle Paul Soliai on injured reserve on Tuesday. Tight end D.J. Tialavea was promoted to the 53-man roster.
4. SAINTS MARCHING IN: Will this be Sean Payton and Drew Brees last game in the Georgia Dome?
5. MATT RYAN HEALTH UPDATE: Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan will address the media. He said he feels fine and expects to take part in practice.
MEET THE CHEERLEADERS: