FLOWERY BRANCH – The Falcons continued to give off signals this week that they will focus on improving the defense in the upcoming NFL draft, which is set for April 28-30 in Chicago.
1. Locals day. Former Middle Tennessee safety Kevin Byard, who was a surprise non-invitee to the scouting combine, is expected to highlight the Falcons’ locals-day workout Wednesday.
2. Safety clinics for Moms set: The Falcons have safety football clinics set up.
3. Top linebacker: UCLA linebacker Myles Jack visited the team on Thursday.
4. Floyd visited on Friday. Former Georgia outside linebacker/defensive end Leonard Floyd visited the Falcons on Friday. Falcons general manager addressed team’s reputation for not drafting players from the Bulldog nation.
5. Offseason spotlight on Coleman, Collins. We took a look at cornerback Jalen Collins and running back Tevin Coleman this week. With Collins suspension, the Falcons must revisit their plans for the secondary.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s D. Orlando Ledbetter joins CineSport’s Noah Coslov to identify the players that the Falcons may reach for in the draft.
LATEST ON THE FALCONS
FREE AGENCY STORIES
2016 NFL COMBINE COVERAGE
ATLANTA FALCONS OFFSEASON STORIES