FLOWERY BRANCH — Here are five quick takes from Sunday’s practice.
1. Bosher back at work. Falcons punter Matt Bosher, who was knocked out of the Cleveland game with a chest injury, was back at practice. Also, cornerback C.J. Goodwin (hamstring) returned to practice. He was held out of the Cleveland game. The Falcons have requested that the league review the hit on Bosher by Cleveland linebacker Tank Carder to determine if he was a defense-less player. No penalty was called on the play.
2. Starr working with first team defense. Falcons linebacker Tyler Starr worked some with the first-team defense at strongside linebacker.
3. Beasley at practice. Falcons defensive end Vic Beasley was back at practice. He didn’t play in the Cleveland game because of a shoulder injury.
4. Ward, Ishmael with trainers. Running back Terron Ward (ankle) and safety Kemal Ishmael worked off to the side with the training staff.
5. Practice highlights. Wide receiver Eric Weems caught a short route and eluded safety Damian Parms with a nice open field move that draws “ohhs” and “ahhs” from the players. Linebacker LaRoy Reynolds missed some time while having his right foot attended to by the training staff.
Check back on AJC.Com and MYAJC.com later for updates.
The Falcons defeated the Browns 24-13 in their second exhibition season game. The AJC’s D. Orlando Ledbetter and Simon Rose discuss Matt Ryan’s strong performance and Atlanta’s running game.
ATLANTA FALCONS DEPTH CHART
WR 11 Julio Jones, 16 Justin Hardy, 14 Eric Weems, 87 Devin Fuller, 18 Jordan Leslie,
6 Corey Washington
LT 70 Jake Matthews, 76 Tom Compton, 66 Laurence Gibson
LG 67 Andy Levitre, 71 Wes Schweitzer, 64 Collin Rahrig, 79 Jordan Walsh
C 51 Alex Mack, 63 Ben Garland
RG 65 Chris Chester, 68 Mike Person, 74o Michael Huey
RT 73 Ryan Schraeder, 72 Bryce Harris
TE 83 Jacob Tamme, 81 Austin Hooper, 80 Levine Toilolo, 86 D.J. Tialavea, 82 Joshua Perkins,
49 Arthur Lynch
WR 12 Mohamed Sanu, 19 Aldrick Robinson, 15 Nick Williams, 85 J.D. McKissic, 7 David Glidden
QB 2 Matt Ryan, 8 Matt Schaub, 13 Sean Renfree, 4 Matt Sims
RB 24 Devonta Freeman, 26 Tevin Coleman, 28 Terron Ward, 35 Gus Johnson, 20 Brandon Wilds, 30 Cyrus Gray
FB 42 Patrick DiMarco, 39 Will Ratelle
DE 99 Adrian Clayborn, 50 Brooks Reed, 93 Dwight Freeney, 96 Nordly Capi
DT 94 Tyson Jackson, 95 Jonathan Babineaux, 98 Cory Johnson, 75 Brandon Williams
DT 97 Grady Jarrett, 91 Courtney Upshaw, 92 Joey Mbu
DE 90 Derrick Shelby, 77 Ra’Shede Hageman, 54 Malliciah Goodman, 49 Efe Obada
LB 44 Vic Beasley Jr., 41 Philip Wheeler, 52 Tyler Starr, 48 Ivan McLennan
LB 55 Paul Worrilow, 45 Deion Jones, 53 LaRoy Reynolds, 46 Dominique Tovell
LB 56 Sean Weatherspoon, 59 De’Vondre Campbell
CB 23 Robert Alford, 32 Jalen Collins, 29 C.J. Goodwin, 39 Jordan Sefon, 38 Ryan White
CB 21 Desmond Trufant, 25 Akeem King, 34 Brian Poole, 43 DeMarcus Van Dyke,
33 Devonte Johnson
S 37 Ricardo Allen, 27 Robenson Therezie, 20 Sharrod Neasman
S 22 Keanu Neal, 36 Kemal Ishmael, 40 Damian Parms, Sergio Brown
K 3 Matt Bryant, 17 Shayne Graham
KO 5 Matt Bosher
P 5 Matt Bosher
KR 26 Tevin Coleman, 14 Eric Weems, 87 Devin Fuller, 85 J.D. McKissic
PR 14 Eric Weems, 87 Devin Fuller, 85 J.D. McKissic
LS 47 Josh Harris
H 5 Matt Bosher
ICYMI — TRAINING CAMP STORIES
90-MAN ROSTER ANALYSIS — POSITION BY POSITION