FLOWERY BRANCH — The Falcons (2-0) are set to play the Miami Dolphins (1-1) in their third exhibition game at 8 p.m. on Thursday at Camping World Stadium in Orlando.
Here are five things to know about the Atlanta Falcons on Monday.
1. Hit was legal. The hit by Cleveland Browns linebacker Tank Carder that knocked Falcons punter Matt Bosher out of the game on Thursday was determined to be legal by the NFL. “It was not a hit to the helmet and neck area,” Falcons coach Dan Quinn said on Sunday. “They took a good look at it. We certainly understand where they are coming from on that.”
2. Practice schedule. The Falcons are set to practice at 1:40 p.m. The practice is open to the media.
3. Beasley’s shoulder. The Falcons have big plans for Vic Beasley this season, but his shoulder injury has slowed his transition to strongside linebacker. Beasley said he was hit on an inside stunt last week in practice.
4. Official depth chart. The Falcons released their depth chart for the Miami game. Linebackers Paul Worrilow and Sean Weatherspoon are still listed as the starting linebackers, but Deion Jones and De’Vondre Campbell started against Cleveland. Jones played 18 snaps and didn’t make a tackle. Campbell played 19 snaps and had two tackles.
5. Pass rush update. Defensive end Adrian Clayborn and defensive tackle Joey Mbu both had a sack and a quarterback hit against the Browns. The Falcons hoping to finally get a look at their preferred nickel defensive line of left end Beasley, left defensive tackle Derrick Shelby, right defensive tackle Adrian Clayborn and right defensive end Dwight Freeney against the Dolphins.
ATLANTA FALCONS DEPTH CHART
WR 11 Julio Jones, 16 Justin Hardy, 14 Eric Weems, 87 Devin Fuller, 18 Jordan Leslie,
6 Corey Washington
LT 70 Jake Matthews, 76 Tom Compton, 66 Laurence Gibson
LG 67 Andy Levitre, 71 Wes Schweitzer, 64 Collin Rahrig, 79 Jordan Walsh
C 51 Alex Mack, 63 Ben Garland
RG 65 Chris Chester, 68 Mike Person, 74 Michael Huey
RT 73 Ryan Schraeder, 72 Bryce Harris
TE 83 Jacob Tamme, 81 Austin Hooper, 80 Levine Toilolo, 86 D.J. Tialavea, 82 Joshua Perkins,
49 Arthur Lynch
WR 12 Mohamed Sanu, 19 Aldrick Robinson, 15 Nick Williams, 85 J.D. McKissic, 7 David Glidden
QB 2 Matt Ryan, 8 Matt Schaub, 13 Sean Renfree, 4 Matt Sims
RB 24 Devonta Freeman, 26 Tevin Coleman, 28 Terron Ward, 35 Gus Johnson, 20 Brandon Wilds, 30 Cyrus Gray
FB 42 Patrick DiMarco, 39 Will Ratelle
DE 99 Adrian Clayborn, 50 Brooks Reed, 93 Dwight Freeney, 96 Nordly Capi
DT 94 Tyson Jackson, 95 Jonathan Babineaux, 98 Cory Johnson, 75 Brandon Williams
DT 97 Grady Jarrett, 91 Courtney Upshaw, 92 Joey Mbu
DE 90 Derrick Shelby, 77 Ra’Shede Hageman, 54 Malliciah Goodman, 49 Efe Obada
SLB 44 Vic Beasley Jr., 41 Philip Wheeler, 52 Tyler Starr, 48 Ivan McLennan
LB 55 Paul Worrilow, 45 Deion Jones, 53 LaRoy Reynolds, 46 Matt Wells
WLB 56 Sean Weatherspoon, 59 De’Vondre Campbell
CB 23 Robert Alford, 32 Jalen Collins, 29 C.J. Goodwin, 39 Jordan Sefon, 38 Ryan White
CB 21 Desmond Trufant, 25 Akeem King, 34 Brian Poole, 43 DeMarcus Van Dyke,
33 Devonte Johnson
S 37 Ricardo Allen, 27 Robenson Therezie, 20 Sharrod Neasman
S 22 Keanu Neal, 36 Kemal Ishmael, 40 Damian Parms, 35 Sergio Brown
K 3 Matt Bryant, 17 Shayne Graham
KO 5 Matt Bosher
P 5 Matt Bosher
KR 26 Tevin Coleman, 14 Eric Weems, 87 Devin Fuller, 85 J.D. McKissic
PR 14 Eric Weems, 87 Devin Fuller, 85 J.D. McKissic
LS 47 Josh Harris
H 5 Matt Bosher
ICYMI — TRAINING CAMP STORIES
90-MAN ROSTER ANALYSIS — POSITION BY POSITION