Falcons All-Pro wide receiver Julio Jones set a franchise record with 300 receiving yards receiving in the Falcons’ 48-33 win over the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. The AJC’s D. Orlando Ledbetter reports from the Georgia Dome.
October 2, 2016 Atlanta:Atlanta Falcons running back Tevin Coleman lunges for extra yardage to pick up a first down as Carolina Panthers middle linebacker A.J. Klein tries to hand on in the Georgia Dome Sunday October 2, 2016. BRANT SANDERLIN/BSANDERLIN@AJC.COM
After posting a record-setting 48-33 victory over the Carolina Panthers, the Falcons (3-1) are set to face the undefeated Denver Broncos (4-0) at 4:05 p.m. Sunday in Denver.
Here are five things to know about the Falcons on Monday:
1. Tell the truth on MRI Monday. Falcons linebacker Sean Weatherspoon suffered a calf/achilles injury against the Panthers. He’s set to get an MRI this morning. The Falcons are getting thin at linebacker with Paul Worrilow (groin surgery) and De’Vondre Campbell (ankle) already out.
2. Quinn to speak. Falcons coach Dan Quinn will meet with media at 2:30 p.m. The players will have a walk-through and no open locker room, but players are to made available on request.
3. Campbell update. Falcons linebacker De’Vondre Campbell, who suffered an ankle injury during the closed portion of practice on Sept. 15, was told by the team that he’d be out four to six weeks. Just two weeks after the injury, Campbell was running with trainers last week. Campbell, the fourth-round pick from Minnesota, started the season-opener against Tampa Bay at weakside linebacker.
4. Early view of NFC South. Columnist Jeff Schultz sizes up the NFC South race after four games.
5. Matt Ryan corner. Ryan was 28-of-37 for 503 yards, which is also a franchise record and a NFL season high. Ryan also had season highs in touchdowns (4) and passer rating (142.0) – highest passer rating and completions (28) against Carolina in his career. Here’s what he had to say after the game.
GAME FOUR: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 48-33 win over the Panthers
Tweetcap: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
Old pro Freeney shows new trick with Falcons
Falcons’ rookie Neal holds on vs. Olsen
What Julio Jones had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
Alford battled; Collins to return
Early view in NFC South isn’t what most expected; Falcons on top
GAME THREE: Falcons 45, Saints 32
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 45-32 win over the Saints
Falcons, Saints protest with unity circle before game
REPORT CARD: Falcons earned high marks for drubbing Saints
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What the Falcons had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
Keanu Neal makes strong debut for Falcons
Falcons’ Deion Jones runs for glory, not survival, in return home
AJC POWER RANKINGS: Falcons best in NFC South?
GAME TWO: Falcons 35, Raiders 28
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ win over the Raiders
Trufant’s heads-up play saves the day
Tight ends help to power offense
Weatherspoon plays strong in first start since 2013
Matthews, Schraeder held Mack sack-less
JEFF SCHULTZ: Falcons put on offensive show and win
What Matt Ryan had to say after beating the Raiders
What Dan Quinn had to say after the win over the Raiders
GAME ONE: Buccaneers 31, Falcons 24
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ loss to the Bucs
No sacks for new-look Falcons pass rush
Julio Jones not worried about his ankle injury
Falcons have a case of the “no-huddle” blues
REPORT CARD: Falcons can’t ‘gift’ opponents 17 points
FILM REVIEW: Beasley missing in action
AJC’S NFL POWER RANKINGS: Where are the Falcons?
Hageman charged is domestic violence case