NEW ORLEANS, LA – SEPTEMBER 26: Mark Ingram #22 of the New Orleans Saints is tackled by Keanu Neal #22 of the Atlanta Falcons at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on September 26, 2016 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Chris Graythen/Getty Images)
FLOWERY BRANCH — After posting a record-setting 48-33 victory over the Carolina Panthers, the Falcons (3-1) are set to face the undefeated Denver Broncos (4-0) at 4:05 p.m. Sunday in Denver. After playing the Broncos, the Falcons will spend the following week working in Seattle at the University of Washington before facing the Seahawks on Sunday, Oct. 16.
Here are five things to know about the Falcons on Friday:
LEAD STORY: Sure hands helping Falcons’ offense roll
1. Excessive contact penalty. The Falcons violated the league and union practice rules that prohibit excessive contact in all offseason workouts, the league announced on Thursday. The Falcons will forfeit a week (three days) of organized team activities in 2017.
2. Roses for the wives. The day before the Falcons leave for a 10-day road trip the team sent red roses to players’ wives. Allison Tamme (wife of tight end Jacob Tamme) and quarterback Sarah Ryan (wife of quarterback Matt Ryan) posted images of the flowers on social media with thanks to the organization. The flowers included a card with a message from coach Dan Quinn and general manager Thomas Dimitroff: “Appreciate your support while we are on this trip and always. Go Falcons!”
3. PSL sales. The Falcons have sold about 33,000 personal seat licenses for the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium, generating about $181 million, according to the latest available figures obtained this week from the Georgia World Congress Center Authority.
4. Financial corner. AJC columnist Jeff Schultz has the Falcons, who are 6 point dogs, winning a low-scoring affair.
5. Did you play the game? Schultz and WSB’s Zach Klein apparently didn’t. They launched the, “We Never Played The Game” podcast on Thursday. Their first guest is Falcons owner Arthur Blank.
GAME FOUR: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 48-33 win over the Panthers
Tweetcap: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
Old pro Freeney shows new trick with Falcons
Falcons’ rookie Neal holds on vs. Olsen
What Julio Jones had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
Alford battled; Collins to return
Early view in NFC South isn’t what most expected; Falcons on top
GAME THREE: Falcons 45, Saints 32
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 45-32 win over the Saints
Falcons, Saints protest with unity circle before game
REPORT CARD: Falcons earned high marks for drubbing Saints
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What the Falcons had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
Keanu Neal makes strong debut for Falcons
Falcons’ Deion Jones runs for glory, not survival, in return home
AJC POWER RANKINGS: Falcons best in NFC South?
GAME TWO: Falcons 35, Raiders 28
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ win over the Raiders
Trufant’s heads-up play saves the day
Tight ends help to power offense
Weatherspoon plays strong in first start since 2013
Matthews, Schraeder held Mack sack-less
JEFF SCHULTZ: Falcons put on offensive show and win
What Matt Ryan had to say after beating the Raiders
What Dan Quinn had to say after the win over the Raiders
GAME ONE: Buccaneers 31, Falcons 24
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ loss to the Bucs
No sacks for new-look Falcons pass rush
Julio Jones not worried about his ankle injury
Falcons have a case of the “no-huddle” blues
REPORT CARD: Falcons can’t ‘gift’ opponents 17 points
FILM REVIEW: Beasley missing in action
AJC’S NFL POWER RANKINGS: Where are the Falcons?
Hageman charged is domestic violence case