FLOWERY BRANCH –Here are five things to know about the Falcons on Friday:
1. Project Pass Rush, Part 2. The Falcons are looking to continue to improve on their pass rush in the draft. Here are the pass rush numbers from 2016.
2. Chester, Bykowksi retire. Falcons offensive linemen Chris Chester and Carter Bykowski announced their retirements Thursday.
3. Falcons cheerleader prelims are Sunday. Preliminary auditions will be held Sunday at the Georgia International Convention Center. Preliminary Registration will go from 7:45 a.m. until 9:30 a.m. and auditions will begin promptly at 9:30 a.m.
There will be at least two cuts on Sunday for Preliminaries. Lunch will not be provided and no concessions will be open- bring any food or drinks you may need. Please plan on staying all day as finalists will be announced following the second cut.
Should you become a finalist, there will be a mandatory 15-minute interview (during the day) and dance/fitness boot camp (in the evening) on Monday. This will be arranged at the preliminary audition. The final cut will be learned Tuesday evening April 4 at 6:30 p.m.
Final auditions will take place at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 5. Registration will begin at 5:30 p.m.
4. Quinn receive tips from Kerr, Francona. Falcons coach Dan Quinn has received the advice and counsel of Golden State coach Steve Kerr and Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona on how to deal with the franchise’s devastating loss in the Super Bowl.
5. The Roof, the roof …. Atlanta Falcons officials expect to have an update within seven to 10 days on the construction timeline for Mercedes-Benz Stadium — an update that should shed light on whether the retractable roof will be completed in time for the downtown stadium’s scheduled opening.